My Top 5 Local News Stories Of 2018
What a year! As 2018 comes to an end and we ring in 2019, I thought now would be a good time to look back at my Top 5 Local News Stories of the year. However, as I now count them, I realize that I have SIX stories, and I'm too lazy to change the title of this blog, so consider the FIRST one, (Number 6), as a BONUS! So, HERE they are!
6) I Predicted The Exact Date Of Tuscaloosa Whataburger Opening: We all knew that Whataburger was opening in T-Town. However, I was the FIRST journalist who actually went ON RECORD, and reported it. At the time, there were some who questioned my "Greek Grapevine" network of confidential sources. However, I put it in PRINT, and was absolutely 100% correct! Never question the integrity of my "Broadcast Journalism" ever again! Read that actual blog HERE
5) My Picture Of The Moon Winx Hotel Goes Viral: One night I was checking out my Facebook, and I noticed a picture of legendary Moon Winx Hotel being used everywhere in a meme. The picture looked familiar to me, and then I figured out WHY....It was because I took it! In fact, this picture was SO popular, it even made it onto one of our Tuscaloosa Townsquare Media Radio Station vans. (I didn't notice this UNTIL a co-worker pointed it out to me). Maybe next time I should copyright it and get some actual compensation for it? :-) In any event, you can read my original blog HERE
4) Dangerous Road Hazard Fixed, Many Lives Saved Because Of This Blog: One day I was eating at Taco Bell on Skyland & McFarland, and I looked across the street and noticed The Ramada Inn sign, (which I called "The Leaning Tower Of McFarland"), dangerously hovering over the street. Therefore, I wrote a blog. A couple weeks later it was FIXED. Coincidence? I think not! Apparently, somebody "important" reads this blog, and so should YOU. Read it HERE
3) Naked Man Strolls Down Hwy 11 In Cottondale: Not sure if this happens regularly, or once in a blue moon, (see what I did there?), BUTT, errr, I mean, BUT, it happened one Sunday Afternoon and it caused quite a stir. Take a trip down memory lane, (and Hwy 11), by reading HERE
(Warning Strong Language)
2) Fight Erupts At Tuscaloosa Wendy's...Car Used As A Weapon: Maybe somebody didn't get their "Frosty?" Possibly. A breakdown of what transpired can be read HERE
(Warning Strong Language Again) And....Number 1.....(drum roll, please)
1) Circle K Free-For-All Brawl On Skyland: Every day before I go into work, I get my Slim Jims, a Diet Pepsi, and a bag of Chex Mix, at this gas station. And every day, you never know what's going to take place. Read the story on what happened THIS day, right HERE
There you have it, my Top 5 Local Stories, (plus a bonus), Of 2018! Can't wait to see what's in store for 2019!
Have a Happy, Healthy, & Safe New Year!