What was the Most Streamed Event in Alabama in 2017?
What would you guess was the most streamed event in Alabama?
Frontier Communications found that Alabama's Most Streamed Events of 2017 was Donald Trump's Presidential Inauguration in January of 2017. That's a a big change from Alabama's favorite event in 2016--the Grammy's awards, although it's not a big surprise since Trump won the Alabama vote by 28 percentage points, the highest margin of victory in a presidential contest in Alabama since 1972 .
The most-searched streamed events covered a wide range of activities, also including the NBA Finals, March Madness, the Super Bowl, the PGA Tournament, NASCAR, the Kentucky Derby, award shows and more.
Some of the other interesting findings:
- 215 Million Americans Watched the Solar Eclipse
- 88 percent of American adults watched the eclipse, either in person or online. That’s about twice the number of people who watched the Super Bowl in 2016 and 18 times as large as the Game of Thrones finale.
- The solar eclipse was a once-in-a-lifetime event, sometimes occurring once every 100 years in certain locations.
- Families all across America tuned in for the Patriots major Super Bowl comeback
- After the Patriot’s big win this year, it makes sense that the Superbowl would be the favorite event of states like Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. We’re just not sure how Massachusetts (home base for the Patriots and the Gillette Stadium) ended up with the U.S. Tennis Open as their favorite.
- Yes, NASCAR is still a thing
- Especially in Florida, Vermont, and West Virginia.