5 Reasons Loosa Brews Is the Best Beer Bar in Tuscaloosa
Readers of CraftBeer.com were recently asked to nominate their favorite craft beer bar in their state and Loosa Brews was picked as the best in Alabama!
My love of craft beer and experiencing new brews probably draws me through the doors of Loosa more than I'd like to say but I think it's the best place in Tuscaloosa for many different reasons. 5 reasons to be exact.
1. Selection, Selection, Selection - No where else in Tuscaloosa can you find nearly every style beer made. Whether you stop in to enjoy one on draft or pick up a six pack or bomber from the shelf, if it's available in the state of Alabama, chances are Loosa will have it.
2. Focus on local and regional beers - There is a section of the sales floor dedicated to nothing but Alabama beer as well as one half of the tap wall. One of my favorite beers is the Laika Russian Imperial Stout brewed by Straight to Ale out of Huntsville. Since I don't have the chance to get to the rocket city that often, I can count on Loosa to either have it one tap or in bottles.
3. Patio - The patio at Loosa has undergone extensive renovations over the past few years and honestly they'd get my vote on a "Best Patios in Alabama" list if someone wanted to start one. It is absolutely my favorite place to relax and enjoy a drink under the Alabama stars.
4. Specialty tap take overs - When the local distributors acquire new beers or if the staff at Loosa sweet talks a brewery, they'll have a tap takeover. This is when a small section of usually four or five taps is taken over by one brewery spotlighting the best in their brewhouse. These are fun nights at Loosa because everyone has a chance to win prizes and pick up free pint glasses.
5. The staff - Loosa's staff is not only friendly but also knowledgeable. For a craft beer nerd like my self, it's nice to try a new beer and speak with others who share the same love as me. Their staff usually has some insight about a certain hop variety included in the beer or flavor I just can't put my finger on.
If I had a sixth reason, I'd list the arcade games and ping pong table in the back room. Just saying.
You can look at the complete Best Beer Bars in America list here.