To apply for an internship with one of our radio brands or The Tuscaloosa Thread, click here to submit an application.
We will update this application to reflect the new semester opportunities as time passes.
You will need to submit your resume + three writing samples (these can be from a class, school publication, freelance, etc.). Just give us an idea of what you're into and how your writing is. ALL internships with Townsquare will have digital writing requirements, so writing is key.
Here is a brief rundown of potential responsibilities:
- Writing at least one post per shift for TSM's websites
- Sharing content on social media + through our mobile apps
- Learning + assisting with on-air production, including running a board and managing callers + app messages
- If on the Tuscaloosa Thread news team, covering any and all events in the community, including crime and courts, restaurant and retail news, community events, severe weather, and much more.
- Live streaming events + operating video/photo equipment for multimedia content
For students at Stillman College, Shelton State Community College or other college students in the area over the summer:
Please email Digital Managing Editor J. R. Moore to set up a line of communication and outline expectations with your respective internship coordinator or academic adviser.
For UA Students: We will review applications and deliver decisions after working with the University of Alabama's College of Communication and Information Sciences Internship Coordinator, Mark Mayfield.
These internship opportunities are for class credit or experience only – we do not offer paid positions at this time.