Pasta Ablaze! Students forget one essential part of cooking while in Italy.
No matter what time of the day it is for me, Pasta is always a delicacy that I enjoy. No matter what type it is, whether it be ravioli, angel hair, or just the simple noodle, I enjoy it. But this next story makes me worried, especially since cooking pasta is pretty simple.
According to UPI.com, while in Italy, 3 students there on an exchange program decided that they wanted some pasta. So they nabbed a pot, bought some pasta from the store, and got ready to make it. The put the pot on the stove, placed the pasta in, and turned on the stove to heat up the noodles.
However, there was one major thing that they messed up.
THEY FORGOT TO BOIL WATER IN THE POT BEFORE PUTTING IN THE UNCOOKED PASTA!
That's right! The just put the pasta in the pot, and turned on the stove. Needless to say, the noodles very soon caught fire, and the Italian fire department was called in to put out the blaze. Nobody was injured, and instead of punishing the students, a local chef from Florentine had a better idea. He offered the 3 students cooking lessons at one of his restaurants, so they could learn how to cook more than just a simple pasta dish.
But the moral of the story here, is that if you might not know how to cook something, you might want to look up instructions first!