VIDEO: Nick Saban Gives Final Update Before Louisville Game
The Alabama football team practiced indoors on Wednesday as the preparations for Louisville continued. Following the workout, head coach Nick Saban met with the media to give his final update before we see the team on Saturday.
"This week we've gradually improved," Saban said. "I think one of the big things you get concerned about is getting the team back, getting their plans back, getting their legs back. And that's part of the reason for going inside, to get out of the heat a little bit so the guys have a better chance to recover."
The team will have one more practice before leaving for Orlando on Friday, and Saban said there's still plenty to learn before kickoff.
"We have another day of preparation tomorrow, and I'm sure we can use every bit of it. There's a lot of situations that you try to cover for a first game whether it's special teams, offense, defense that we try to do in these last two days. Still a lot to learn for a lot of these players in these next couple practices."
Here's what else Saban discussed on Wednesday:
- Jonah Williams' development along the offensive line and his attention to detail when practicing.
- He's seen 'a lot of progress' from the secondary but we won't know for sure until they are in game situations.
- Devonta Smith's move to defensive back in the spring and how that's helped him as a wide receiver.
- How the communication has been with the new coordinators and where they'll be during the game.
- Why he's been encouraged with the progress defensive back Saivion Smith has made since getting to Tuscaloosa and what he's seen out of the newcomer.
- What Dan Enos brings to the team relative to the tight ends.
Alabama and Louisville kickoff at 7 p.m. on ABC. Pregame coverage begins on Tide 102.9 at 2 p.m. and you can hear it all - game included - on the Tide 102.9 app.